Friday, May 27, 2011

Multigrain Chicken Salad Wraps with Spinach

It is wonderful to have a 3 day weekend to look forward to. This holiday is a great one. I love it! The nice thing about it, is the anticipation of the Summer, that is almost here. Its fun to think about the fun things we are going to be doing. One of those fun things is, my daughter is coming back from a 18 mos mission of serving in our church. :) Summer is a happy time. I love the warm weather too.

This holiday is also a nice one to honor those who have gone before us. It is humbly as I hear about the sacrifices our military makes in our behalf, as well as their families. I also like to think about family that has gone before us. Having lost a sister and sister in law it is close to my heart, as well as grandparents. It is nice to reflect and honor them. We can glean from the past, and press on to make a bright future. Enjoy the weekend.


This is another way to use the multi grain tortillas. It is fun to be able to make fresh tortillas. I have Jeanne to thank for that. It was trial and error, but I got the hang of it now. I rolled some of them in thyme before cooking them. It is fun to add herbs and seasoning to them before cooking them. I also like the spinach wraps and the tomato basil wraps. My daughter and son in-law were over and they really liked this meal. It was fast and easy. It is a nice meal for a hot Summer night. I love Summertime.



Ingredients:

Multi grain tortillas* or package of store bought
2 14 oz Cans of chicken drained
1/2 C plain yogurt
2 T mayonnaise with olive oil *optional
1/2 to 1 tsp sea salt w/iodine
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp mustard
2 carrots chopped up in blender or food processor
1/4 onion finely chopped (I chopped it up with the carrots in the blender)
fresh spinach
Optional * Cut up tomatoes would be yummy on it too.

Directions:
1. In a medium size bowl pour in all the ingredients, except tortillas and spinach. Mix it all up.

2. Scoop on to tortillas, and top with spinach. Then roll them up, and serve.

* I used the left over flour from the muffins. To make the tortillas. (Low Gluten)

No comments:

Post a Comment