for cookie base:
2 C whole grain flour (I used spelt)
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C honey
1/2 coconut oil
for the topping:
4 C shredded coconut unsweetened
1 can of coconut milk full fat
5 T honey
1 T coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 C dark chocolate chips
1 T coconut oil
Directions Heat oven to 325
1. In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir and set aside.
2. Melt honey in microwave for 30 seconds and then stir in oil. Stir into dry ingredients. Until all moistened.
3. Line a 9x9 Square pan with parchment paper. Leave it over hanging on 2 sides.
4. Press in cookie dough into pan. Bake until light golden for about 15 min.
5. Take out and let cool.
6. While it is baking. Put a large skillet on the stove. Pour in the coconut and let toast on medium heat. Be careful to stir often so it won't burn. You want it turn golden.
7. In a medium saucepan pour in the milk, honey, and oil cook on medium heat to soft ball stage stirring regularly. It will burn if you don't . Take off the heat and stir in the vanilla.
8. Put chocolate and oil in the microwave stirring often until it is all melted. Place in fridge.
9. Stir the coconut into caramel until the coconut until it all moistened.
10. Pour coconut topping on top of cookie base and press down evenly with a spatula.
11. Lift out of pan on to a hard surface. I used a cookie sheet. Cut into bars.
12. Separate the bars and drizzle on the chocolate.
13. Place in fridge to harden. Serve once chocolate hardens.
14. Store in air tight container in the fridge.
* You could dip the bottom of the cookie into the chocolate too.