Monday, July 6, 2015
Coconut Curry Sauce with Brown Rice or Quinoa
This tasted so good and the best part is it is healthy too. It is a great recipe you can make ahead and have when you want it. I love all the combinations of flavors. Delish!
2 1/2 T olive oil
1 onion chopped up
3 cloves of garlic minced
2 tsp salt
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp thyme
2 T honey or other sweetener
2 C water
1 can full fat coconut milk
1 can drained and rinsed garbanzo beans
1 squirt of siracha sauce *optional
3 C cooked brown rice or quinoa or coconut rice
garnish with cilantro if desired
1. In a large skillet heat oil on medium high until it gets hots. Stir in onions until they start to soften. Stir in the garlic cook on medium heat for a couple minutes.
2. Stir in the salt, curry and thyme. Stir until all combined cook a couple minutes.
3. Add in the honey or sweetener, water, milk and cook all together on medium heat a couple minutes. Then turn down to medium low and add the garbanzo beans and siracha sauce.
4. Let cook for at least 15 to 20 min to let all of the flavors meld together.
5. Serve with rice or quinoa. Garnish with cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
* The sauce is not thick. It is similar to soup.