My friend mentioned to me on Saturday that she was making coconut rice for her family. She said it was really good. I thought it would be fun to try. This is what I made yesterday without a recipe and it was perfect. It went well with the salmon I served. I will be making this again.
2 C brown rice
1 can of coconut milk (full fat)
3 1/2 C water
2 tsp salt
Directions serves 10
For pressure cooker
1. Pour all the ingredients into the pressure cooker and put the lid on.
2. Turn the pressure cooker on to high pressure. Then turn the timer to 18 min.
3. Let it cook and let the pressure release on its own.
4. Take off the lid fluff with a fork and serve.
For Stove top
1. Pour all of the ingredients into a medium size saucepan and stir them together. Turn the heat on to medium high. Bring to low boil.
2. Reduce the heat to medium low put on lid. Cook about 40 minutes until water is absorbed.
3. Take off of the heat with lid on. Leave for 10 minutes.
4. Fluff up the rice with a fork and serve.
(Don't stir it will get mushy.)