I had this brilliant idea last night to add fresh cherries to my quinoa. I got up and made it this morning. It was a great combination. I am going to be having this again soon. Yum! Enjoy some cherries today.
1/2 C washed quinoa
1 T coconut oil
1 C almond milk
1/2 C water
1 T honey or another sweetener of your choice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
fresh cherries cut up
extra milk for on top if desired
Directions serves 2
1. Heat a small sauce pan on medium heat.
2. Pour in quinoa
and oil and stir and toast a couple minutes
3. Pour in milk, water, honey and cinnamon.
4. Let mixture come to a low boil. Turn down the heat to low and let cook about 20 min or until liquid is absorbed.
5. Serve into bowls and place cut up cherries on top. Pour on a little more milk if desired. Serve.
6. Store leftovers in the fridge in air tight container.