This recipe was created when I was thinking about how to make magic bars healthier. They are a dessert that is often served at Christmas time especially, but they are eaten all year. These are a healthier version. The flavor is not sacrificed. They are not an exact match, but they come close without all the added calories. Hooray!
1 C unsweetened shredded coconut
1 C nuts chopped (I used cashews, pecans, walnuts, or almonds would be great too.)
1/2 C spelt flour or wholegrain flour
3 T coconut oil
1 T honey
1/4 C dark chocolate chips (chopped small)
Directions makes about 14
1. In a small bowl blend together coconut, nuts and flour with a fork.
2. Then blend together the remaining ingredients into the nut mixture.
3. Put the mixture in the fridge at least 15 min to let it harden.
4. Take out of the fridge and form into balls with your hands.
5. Place back in air tight container in the fridge to harden.
6. Then enjoy a mouthful of yummy goodness.
Try these cashew coconut cookie dough bites