I was visiting with my friend Sue today. She just got home from Hawaii a couple days ago. (Love Hawaii) She was sharing some coconut vanilla cashews with me. They were yummy. So I got inspired to make this recipe after tasting her nuts. The great thing is these are much healthier, but you get a similar flavor. So yummy and good. So fast and easy to make. A great little snack. Have a wonderful weekend.
1 C unsweetened coconut shredded
1 C old fashioned oatmeal
1/4 C honey
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 C dark chocolate chips * optional
Directions makes about 12
1. In a blender or food processor blend cashews and coconut until combined and broken down.
2. Set aside 1/2 C of the mixture and then pour in everything else in to the blender except the chips. Blend until all combined.
3. Fold in the chips. Roll into small bite size balls.
4. Roll the balls into the 1/2 C mixture you set aside. Place on a plate or into a covered container. Let them harden in the fridge and enjoy.
5. Let overs should be stored in the fridge in a covered container.