It is fun to come up with more recipes for yummy bars. There is a list below of 7 more yummy recipes for whole grain bars. Here is one that I made today. It is a winner because they have great ingredients in them. I kept it healthier as an extra bonus. It would make a great addition to your breakfast, snack, or as a dessert.
1 1/2 C spelt flour or whole grain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 C old fashioned oatmeal
1/3 C coconut oil
1/3 C peanut butter
1/2 C honey
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C dark chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl measure flour, soda, salt, and oatmeal and pour into bowl. Stir around with a whisk or spoon. Set the bowl aside.
2. In another medium bowl blend together the oil, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla. Stir with a spoon until mixture is all creamy.
3. Blend in the eggs one at a time until the mixture is a nice creamy consistency.
4. Fold in the the dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Blend until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour into an 8 X 8 Square pan that has been greased or line with parchment paper. ( I like ceramic ones for whole grains. I think the baked item turns out better.)
6. Place the pan in hot oven. Bake for about 20 to 25 min. or until done. Cool on wire rack and cool, Cut them when they are all cooled. Enjoy!
Here are some more bars:
Moist Oatmeal Bars
Oatmeal chocolate bars
Moist Wholegrain Pumpkin Bars
Whole Grain Date Bars
Whole Grain Date Apricot Bars
Whole Grain Fruit Bars
Whole Grain Raspberry Oatmeal Bars