Monday, April 28, 2014

It is a Delicious Day with Steel Cut Oat and Berries


I love Oat Groats! I think they taste even better than an oatmeal cookie. I think part of it is that I know am eating something so healthy. I love the texture of them when I eat them. I had it cook while I was doing my exercise and it was perfect and ready to eat when I was done. With all the great fresh fruit out there right now, there are a lot of options to put on top of it. I chose fresh strawberries. They added a fresh and natural sweetness so I didn't use much honey.

It is a delicious day! That is the word that comes to me on days like today. It is a beautiful blue sky day with sunshine and a slight breeze. It was so nice to exercise and enjoy the breeze coming in the window. I hope that you are having a delicious day as well. :)  


Ingredients:
3 C water
1 C Steel Cut Oat Groats 
2 T honey * vegan add a different sweetner
1 T coconut oil
*cinnamon and fresh nutmeg sprinkled on top optional
*fresh cut up fruit (love berries with it)
almond milk or coconut milk poured over the top 

Directions:
1. Pour into a saucepan water, oats, honey and coconut oil. Turn it to medium high heat. Let it come to a boil. Turn down the heat to low and let in cook until it thickens about 30 min. 
2. Serve into bowls. put on fruit, sprinkle with spices if desired and then top off with almond or coconut milk. Enjoy! Store the leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.  

Have a delicious day!

* To shorten cooking time soak in water over night in covered pot.






No comments:

Post a Comment