1/2 C washed quinoa
2 C water
1 T honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
Adding spices optional*
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cardamon
1. Wash the quinoa off several times. Then pour in a bowl with water and let it soak 3 to 4 hours.
2. Drain and shake off the water, and let sit about 8 to 10 hours in the strainer. With something to cover it with paper towel. To let it sprout. Sprouting the quinoa helps it to be a little sweeter, easier to digest, and adds nutrition.
3. Pour the sprouted grain into the blender with water, honey, vanilla and *spices. Blend until completely smooth.
4. I did not strain it I wanted to keep it all the nutrients from the quinoa in the drink. It blended nicely. It was nice and creamy.
5. It will settle over time you can stir or shake it if it settles. Store in refrigerator. It will last about 2 days.
*The spices add a nice element of flavor. It is kind of chai milk.