|Nice meal with lots of fresh vegetables with it.|
2 C cooked brown rice
2 cans of black beans rinsed and drained (* i used beans I cooked)
2 small cans of enchilada sauce or one large one (*I used this sauce)
2 C sharp cheddar cheese
Serve with: Salsa, guacamole and tortilla chips and fresh vegetables
Directions: Serves 8. Heat oven to 350
1. Grease 9 x 13 pan. Spread brown rice on the bottom of the pan. Drizzle evenly over the rice 1/4 to 1/2 C of enchilada sauce.
2. Then spread the black beans evenly over the rice. Spread about 1/2 C of cheese over the beans.
3. Pour and spread the enchilada sauce over the beans.
4. Pour the remaining cheese on top.
5.Place pan in the hot oven and cook about 25 min until heated all the way through.
6. Take out of the oven and serve warm with fresh salsa, guacamole, tortilla chips and fresh cut up vegetables.
* I had frozen the sauce in a zip lock and it was great!
* I made black beans in my pressure cooker. I soaked them for 2 hours. Cover them completely with water. Then rinse the beans and pour drained beans in the pressure cooker. Cover the beans in water about 2 C of water to 1 C of beans. Add 1/2 tsp baking soda. (It helps them to not cause as much gas.) Cook them on high pressure for about 30 to 35 min. Let the pressure release on its own. Drain and use or, freeze them in airtight containers and they are ready to use when you need them. Just thaw them and they are ready to go.