Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Honey Chicken


We ate out the other night, and we got honey chicken. I loved it! It sounded really good so I made some thing, that tasted like it with less calories. I didn't follow a recipe. Just made it up as I went It tasted really good today too as left overs. =) My daughter was telling me how much she liked it. I loved the combination of the spicy and sweet together. Yeah!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 to 2 lbs chicken tenders
1/3 C coconut oil
1/3 C honey
1/3 to 1/2 C water (I added water to make more of a sauce for the rice)
3 T soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp dried onions
1 tsp salt
1/8 to 1/4 tsp crushed pepper flakes
pepper to taste
1/2 tsp ultra gel or cornstarch to thicken a little optional*
4-6 green onions chopped small pieces

Directions:

1. Heat up frying pan add the coconut oil heat until it melts. Place chopped up chicken into the hot pan. Fry till all cooked.

2. Add the remaining ingredients except for the green onions and cornstarch. Cook together about 15 min. You can add a little thickener if you want it a little thicker.

3. Then add the green onions and cook another 5 min. Serve with rice or this. We also had fresh fruit with it. It was a tasty meal I will make again. You can adjust the ingredients to your preference. Enjoy! It would make a great New Years Eve meal!

*Sorry I didn't get a better picture. The picture is a mixture of the brown rice mixture and chicken combined. I just mixed them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment