Monday, December 27, 2010

Oatmeal Apple Muffins


I have been enjoying the holidays. I hope you have as well. It goes by fast. I love all the great family times together. =) I made these muffins last night they turned out so moist and yummy. I decided I had to pass them along. =) I love finding new yummy variations to muffins.

Ingredients: makes 24 small (I had a little extra for a mini loaf? or 12 regular muffins
1 1/2 your choice of flour I used oat flour and increased it 1/4 C *
3/4 C old fashioned oats
1/2 C honey
1 T baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 C of unsweetened canned apples or your choice of fruit
2 eggs
1 C plain yogurt or I used kefir =)
2/3 C milk
1/3 C coconut oil

Directions: Bake 400 degrees

1. mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.

2. In a separate bowl mix honey, eggs, yogurt or kefir, milk and oil until blended.

3. Combine the 2 mixtures together until just blended. Gently fold in fruit.

4. Divide batter into cups. Bake for 25 to 30 min or until tops are golden brown. Enjoy!

* If you do it with oat flour you will make them gluten free.

No comments:

Post a Comment