Oatmeal is one of my favorite grains. I love eating it in all sorts of ways. Granola is one of my favorite ways to eat. This is a nice low sugar recipe and it is easy to make. It is a wonderful snack or breakfast. Yum!
2 T honey or vegan sweetener
1 T coconut oil
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin spice
3 C old fashioned oatmeal
1 C unsweetened coconut flakes* optional
1/4 C chia* optional
1/2 C chopped unsalted cashews
1/2 C chopped unsalted almonds
1/2 C chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Heat oven 300. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or grease.
2. In a small sauce pan pour in honey and coconut oil and stir until come to a boil.
3. Take off the heat and stir in salt and pumpkin spice. Set the pan aside.
4. Pour oatmeal, chia, coconut and nuts in medium size bowl and stir together.
5. Pour honey mixture over oatmeal mixture. Stir together until all combined.
6. Spread granola on to cookie sheet evenly. Place in oven.
7. Stir in the middle of the cooking to let it cook evenly. Bake about 20 min or until lightly brown.
8. Let cool and store in air tight container. Serve with yogurt, fruit, hot cereal, or eat alone.