This is a delicious way to eat your pears. This could be eaten as a dessert it would also make a yummy breakfast. The combinations of flavors is a success. I like the cooked pears better than cooked apple crumble. YUM!
1/4 C olive oil
1/4 C honey
1/2 C whole grain flour I used spelt (gluten free oat flour)
1 1/3 C old fashioned oatmeal
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
5 Bosc pears peeled and cored
2 T fresh lemon juice
2 T fresh ginger grated
2 T honey
3 T whole grain flour or (oat flour gluten free)
Directions serves 6
1. Heat oven to 375. Spray 6 ramekins or 8x8 square pan with cooking spray.
2. In a small saucepan heat honey on low until melted stir in oil and take off the heat.
3. Stir in the flour, oats, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
4. Cut pears in bite size pieces add lemon juice, ginger, honey and flour toss until all the pears are covered.
5. Divide pears evenly if you are using ramekins or pour into pan.
6. Then spoon the topping on top evenly.
7. Bake for 25-30 until pears are fork tender.
8. Eat plain or top with whipped coconut cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy a treat!