I got this recipe from my sister in law Becky for homemade pizza sauce. I love it!!! I just ate a couple spoonfuls of it. It has a wonderful combination of flavors. I will be making this again very soon. The sauce made the pizza.
Whole Grain Pizza Crust
2 T yeast
2 1/4 C Warm Water
1 T honey
3 T olive oil
1 T salt
6 C of whole Grain flour (I used spelt)
1 6 oz tomato paste
6 oz warm water
3 T Parmesan cheese (I used fresh)
1 tsp garlic powder
2 T honey
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp pepper
1 /8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
Directions makes 2 pizzas
1. In a bread mixer pour in the yeast and water, honey and oil and let sit until the water starts to bubble about 10 min.
2. Turn on Bread mixer and add salt and adding 2 cups. Blend until combined. Let it sit about 10 min. It will bubble up.
3. Then add the rest of the flour 1 cup at a time. Then blend about 5 min on medium speed.
4. Then take the dough out of the bowl and rub with oil and put in a bowl double the size of the dough. Place the dough in the bowl and cover with plastic. While the dough is rising mix up the sauce. Pour all the ingredients into the bowl and mix until all combined set it aside.
5. Let it sit until it doubles. If you have time punch the dough down and let it double again for about 30 minutes.
6. Grease cookie sheets and roll the dough into each pan.
7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
8. Pour all the ingredients to the sauce in a bowl or blender and stir or blend until all combined.
9 Spread the sauce on the dough and your favorite topping.
10.Bake the pizza for about 15 min or until the topping starts to bubble.
11. Take out of the oven and let cool and cut into pieces. Enjoy.