Friday, May 22, 2015
Easy Freezer Jam
Recipe Redux this month is all about those staples that you used to buy but now you make. Do you have some of those? We love to make jam. It tastes soooo much better than store bought, and it can actually be really easy. It is one of the most wonderful times of the year for buying fruit. I love making foods with fresh produce. I found these raspberries at the store. They were beautiful. I couldn't resist buying 2 flats. I came home and ate a cup of them fresh and then made the rest into jam. So yummy. I love raspberries. Raspberry jam is one of the best.You could also use this for syrup, topping, add to your smoothie. There are lots of possibilities.
Washed flat of raspberries
1 to 2 T lemon juice
4 T honey (sweeter if you desire)
1. Pour all of the ingredients into the blender.
2. Pulse a couple times. Don't over blend.
3. Pour into freezer containers or zip locks.
4. It was so nice and thick without even adding thickener to it.
5. Put in freezer till ready to use.
6. I keep mine in the freezer sometimes in between uses. Enjoy a nice weekend!
*Try this recipe with some of your raspberries too.