These cookies were really good. I was very pleased how they turned out. They ended up looking more like chocolate cookies because I chopped up the chocolate chips and some of them got chopped up really fine, so it made them more chocolate flavor throughout. So that was great for me. I stored them in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days and they lasted great. If you are going to keep them much longer store them in the freezer in an airtight container.
3 C old fashioned oatmeal
1 C warm water
1/3 c brown rice flour
1C almond flour
1/4 C potato starch
1 T nonfat powdered milk ( can use soy milk)
1/4 gaur gum
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 C coconut oil melted
1 C dark chocolate chips chopped ( spreads the chocolate throughout the cookie)
1. Heat oven to 375. Spread oatmeal out on cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet in oven. Let cook until light brown. Stir after about 5 minutes. Toast for about 10 minutes total.
2. Take half of the oats and put in a small bowl cover with water. Stir water into the oats. Cover with plastic wrap for 10 minutes to let soften. Set the bowl aside.
3. In a medium bowl mix together brown rice flour, almond flour, potato starch, milk, guar gum, salt, baking powder, stir with wire whisk. Set the bowl aside.
4. In a medium bowl blend together the oil, eggs and vanilla, stir in flour mixture, wet oat mixture and then remaining oats. Fold in chips.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 30 min.
6. Heat oven to 325.
7. Scoop cookie dough into round balls. Place on cookie sheets. Flatten with greased spatula.
8. Bake about 20 minutes. Cool on cooling rack.
9. Store in airtight container in fridge up to 5 days or on freezer in air tight container .