Friday, January 9, 2015

Toasted Quinoa with Dried Fruit and Nuts







I love looking at pictures of hot cereal. I was doing it the other day and it made me hungry and I wanted to eat all of them. I love hot cereal. It warms me up on cold days and leaves me with a very satisfied feeling. Hot cereal can be eaten anytime of the day but it is usually eaten in the morning. It reminds me of a beginning of a new day and new things to accomplish. Morning is my favorite time of the day. This cereal is delicious. The added fruit and nuts is a great addition. The great thing is it is so healthy Yum!



Ingredients

1/2 C washed quinoa
1 T coconut oil
1 C almond milk
1/2 C water
1 T honey or another sweetener of your choice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
 garnish with dried berries, cherries or pomegranates o a mixture of all of them
sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
extra milk for on top if desired


Directions serves 2

1. Heat a small sauce pan on medium heat.
2. Pour in quinoa
and oil and stir and toast a couple minutes
3. Pour in milk, water, honey and cinnamon.
4. Let mixture come to a low boil. Turn down the heat to low and let cook about 20 min or until liquid is absorbed.
5. Serve into bowls and pour dried fruit and nuts on top. Pour on a little more milk if desired. Serve.
6. Store leftovers in the fridge in air tight container.



No comments:

Post a Comment