Monday, January 12, 2015

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (no added sugar)

I have been thinking about a new thought lately after reading a cute story and some other experiences I have had recently. The idea is "Happiness is something you decide ahead of time." I love that thought. It means to me that my happiness needs to be based on what is in my head not on the outside things that are happening around me. I know it takes work to do that. I am still working on it. So prior to my feet hitting the floor in the morning I am going to decide to be happy. I love the idea of working at improving on this. The benefits are that I will be happy each day. :)

These are fun little bars I made up the recipe yesterday. They are fast and easy to make and they have no added sugar. They are a fun little snack.

Ingredients

1 C dark chocolate chips
1/2 C natural peanut butter
2 T coconut oil
2 1/2 C old fashioned oatmeal

Directions

1. Place a sauce pan on the stove and heat to medium low heat. Pour in the chips, peanut butter and oil. Stirring constantly until all melted.
2. Take the pan off the heat stir in the oatmeal until it is all combined with the chocolate mixture.
3. Grease a 9 X 9 Pan and pour in the mixture. Smooth and flatten with a spatula.
4. Place it in the fridge. Let harden 30 min to 1 hour. Cut into squares.
5. Store leftovers in airtight container in the fridge.







4 comments:

  1. Dark chocolate chips are low fodmap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it depends on the chocolate (probably more on the high-end scale to avoid FODMAPs)

      Delete
  2. I use over 70% cocoa solid dark chocolate - that doesn't seem to trigger my IBS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trader Joe’s has 72% chocolate chips… vegan and dairy free. They are delicious for a chocolate craving and baking. They are made by Trader Joe’s and are in a gold bag. Yummy 😋

    ReplyDelete