I a lot of times crave salty instead of sweet. I used to buy these Hickory Smoked Almonds at the store. Then I realized how easy it was to make them. And so I was extra excited to learn that this month's Recipe Redux theme was Bring in the New Year with Smoke or Spice so I could share it with you! The cool thing is that it doesn't have all the extra ingredients that you don't know how to pronounce. It only takes 4 ingredients and you are done. They are easy to make too.
1 egg white
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp liquid hickory smoke
3 C raw almonds
1. Beat the egg white in a bowl till foamy. Then add the salt and liquid smoke. Beat together.
2. Throw in the almonds. Stir until all the almonds are covered.
3. Grease a cookie sheet or use parchment paper. Spread the almonds out on the cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 300 for about 30 minutes. Stir them every 10 minutes. Take out of the oven. Let them cool and enjoy.
5. Store leftovers in an airtight container. It's a great little snack.
Couldn't be much easier than that. I chopped some up in my chopper for a salad tonight Yum!