Thursday, January 1, 2015
Creamy Salmon Bisque (Dairy Free)
I hope you are enjoying the year and have nice things to look forward to. It is fun to set new goal and to have new things to work for. This is a great way to start out a healthy new year. Not on a "diet" I don't like that word. I like to look at it as a healthier way of living. This recipe will get you started on the right foot.
This is a nice creamy soup. My husband enjoyed 3 bowls of it. :) Our family has become salmon fans. I have never had salmon in a soup. I really enjoyed it too. Happy 2015.
salmon filets 1lb 8oz
3 1/2 C water
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1 lemon sliced
2 cloves garlic minced
3 black peppercorns
5 green onions chopped finely
1/4 C whole grain flour ( I used spelt)
1 tsp salt
3/4 coconut milk
1 T dried dill
2 1/2 to 3 T lemon juice
more salt and pepper if desired
1. In a pot put in salmon, water, thyme lemon and peppercorns. Bring the mixture to a boil. Then turn down the heat to simmer and cover and let simmer for 20 min.
2. Take off the heat. Strain. Take the skin off the fish if there is any (The skin will add more flavor). Chop up the fish and set aside. Save the fish broth
3. In the pot pour in the oil and heat to medium. Pour in the onions, and garlic. Stir and let cook a couple minutes. Then stir in the flour.
4. Pour in the fish stock. It equaled about 2 1/2 C. Add an additional 2/3 C water, fish, and salt. Stir all together and let the mixture come to a boil. Then turn down the heat and let cook about 5 minutes.
5. Then stir in the in coconut milk and dill. Do not let the mixture come to a boil again. Let the mixture heat all the way through.
6. You can eat warm or chilled. Enjoy!