It is always fun to eat a muffin whether it is for breakfast, lunch, brunch or even a snack. These are a wonderful whole grain muffins that have a fun addition of fruit. These would be easy to freeze in airtight container to have for later.
3 3/4 C whole grain flour (I used spelt)
1 T +1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 C sugar or sweetener of your choice
5 oz of dried cranberries
2 medium bananas smashed
2 T fresh orange juice
3 tsp orange zest
2 1/2 C almond milk
2 eggs beaten
6 T coconut oil melted
dried oatmeal to sprinkle on top
Directions makes 2 dozen
1. Heat oven to 400. Mix all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Stir until all combined with whisk or fork.
2. Stir in the cranberries.
3. Make a well in the mixture and pour in bananas, orange juice, zest, milk, eggs and oil. Stir until just combined. Don't over stir.
4. Grease muffin tins or use paper cups.
5. Scoop batter into cups. Sprinkle a little dried oatmeal on to each muffin before cooking.
6. Cook for 25 to 30 min. Take out of oven and cool on cooling rack.
7. Serve with warm with butter, honey, or jam.