Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Indian Spiced Cauliflower Soup
This is a fun way to use cauliflower by adding some Indian spices to the soup. It makes it a yummy lunch or dinner. A great way to stay warm.
1 large cauliflower head washed and chopped
3 T olive oil
1 C chopped up carrots
1 onion chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
2 tsp grated ginger root
1/4 C chia * optional
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp black mustard seeds
2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
4 1/2 C water
1/2 C plain yogurt
1. Place cauliflower on cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil, and roast. Place in middle rack heated to 375. Cook about 25-30 until it starts to soften.
2. Put the oil in a large pot and put in the roasted cauliflower, carrots, onion, garlic, ginger, chia, cumin, mustard seeds, turmeric, and salt. Cook together on medium heat for 5-10 min. Until vegetables start to soften
3. Stir in the water and let mixture come to a low boil. Turn down the heat to medium low and put the lid on. Stir occasionally. Let cook for 30 min.
4. Place mixture into blender and puree you may have to do it in two batches. Then blend in the yogurt.
5. Serve warm with a nice naan bread. Happy New Year!