Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Carrots and Leeks


 It is fun to find new ways to eat vegetables. I have found that if I put some effort into the preparation of my vegetables I enjoy eating them.  It is fun to find new ways to eat them too. I am always looking for new vegetables to try. This way a yummy dish. The combination of the orange and honey was a nice addition. They made a wonderful afternoon snack that I loved.

Ingredients

boiling salted water
2 C carrots stick cut in 1/4 pieces
1 leek sliced
1/3 C fresh orange juice
1 T honey
1/2 tsp thyme
2 T chia * optional
garnish with orange zest.

Directions

1. In a sauce pan on the stove add water and some salt. Bring the water to a boil on medium heat.
2. Add the vegetables and let them cook for 4 min.
3. Drain off the water and add the juice, honey, thyme, and *chia. Toss the vegetables until they are all covered. Garnish with orange zest. Eat them warm.




fun 

No comments:

Post a Comment