Saturday, November 29, 2014
Whole Grain Orange Rolls
1/2 warm water
2 T yeast
1 C warm milk
5 T honey
1/3 C coconut oil
1 tsp salt
4 C whole grain flour ( I used white wheat)
1/3 C sweetener of your choice
1/3 C unsweetened orange juice
1/4 C butter
1 C powdered sugar
1/4 C orange juice
1/4 C butter
Directions Makes about 13 rolls
1. In a bowl pour in water then yeast and honey. Let sit for 15 min. If the water doesn't bubble the yeast is not good.
2. Pour the yeast mixture into bread mixer. Then add milk, honey, oil, salt and beat in eggs one at a time.
3. Add enough flour so the dough is still sticky and not dry. Knead the flour with the bread machine for 5 min or by hand for 5 min.
4. Rub oil all over the dough and place in bowl. Cover with a clean towel. Let sit until double. It should take about an hour.
5. Punch the dough and roll into a rectangle. About 1/4 thick.
6. Mix together, sugar, orange juice and butter together. Brush on to the dough.
7. Roll the dough starting on the long side tightly.
8. Cut into 1/2 pieces.
9. Place on greased jelly roll pan.
10. Let rise until double about 30-60 min.
11. Heat oven to 350 and bake for about 20 -25 min until light golden.
12. Spread glaze on rolls and, serve warm.