My family scraped the bowl clean yesterday when we had this. It was so good. My sweet daughter made this. It tasted so good. I never thought my family would get so excited about hummus. We will be making this again. It had such a great flavor.
2 red peppers cut up and deseeded
5 T fresh lemon juice
1/4 C tahini
2 garlic cloves minced
2 T olive oil
3/4 tsp cumin
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tsp of salt or salt to taste
3 T chia* optional
1 T dried onions
1 15oz can of garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
Directions Heat oven to broil
1. Place peppers skin side up on a cookie sheet. Broil 5 to 10 min until the skin is slightly charred. Watch closely.
2. Place peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 10 min. When they have cooled down and are ready to handle.
3. Uncover bowl and peel off the skin. Then chop up the peppers
4. In a food processor or blender pulse lemon juice and tahini. Pulse for about 30 seconds to get it nice and creamy.
5. Add garlic, oil, cumin, cayenne, salt, chia and onions, blend and scrape until all creamy.
6. Pour in have the beans and blend until smooth and then add the remaining beans and blend until smooth.
7. Then add the peppers and blend until smooth.
8. Serve right away with chips, vegetables, etc...
9. Store in airtight container in the fridge. Can last up to a week.