This soup was so creamy and good. I adapted another version of it to make it healthier. It had great flavor and my family loved. I sometimes am not sure I love cauliflower, but I really loved this. I have made this twice in one week. This is my new favorite soup.
1 head of cauliflower chopped in bite size pieces
3 T olive oil
salt and ground pepper
3 T olive oil
1 onion chopped up
3 cloves of garlic minced
3 cups milk
1 1/2 C water
1/2 C canned coconut milk
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper *optional
2 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp basil
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp honey
2 oz of sharp white cheddar cheese shredded
1 oz of parmesan cheese shredded
Directions Heat oven to 425 Serves 4
1. Place cauliflower on cookie sheet drizzle on olive oil and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Toss it so it is all covered with oil. Place pan in oven and cook about 30 min until light golden. Set aside.
2. Place a large pot on the stove on medium heat. Pour in oil and then chopped onions and garlic. Cook until nicely softened.
3. With a wire whisk stir in the milk, water, coconut milk, red pepper, parsley, thyme, basil, salt, pepper, and honey. Stirring constantly let the mixture come to a boil. Turn down the heat to low.
4. Toss in the cauliflower and stir it in.
5. Pour mixture into blender (I used a blendtec) and blend until all smooth. It took a couple minutes.
6. Pour back into pot. Stir in cheese until melted.
7. Serve into bowls. Top with additional cheese or a sprinkle of parsley and crushed pepper if desired.