My families favorite pie is banana cream pie. This is a great way to enjoy the flavor without the crust. Which is a great way to cut down the calories and still enjoy the great taste. I am not a big fan of pie crust so this is a great choice. Enjoy!
4 Tbsp. sugar or honey
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
2 c. milk
2 egg yolks
3 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 can of coconut milk (refrigerated overnight or up to 6 hours)
1-2 T desired sweetener (I used honey)
1 tsp vanilla
3-4 chopped up bananas
Directions serves 4-5
2. Beat egg yolks gently. Take a small amount of cooked mixture and stir it into egg yolks to temper egg. This will prevent eggs from becoming scrambled in your pudding. Return egg yolk to the mixture, stirring constantly. Bring to a slow boil. Cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla.
3. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Put cut bananas in the bottom of the dishes. Transfer pudding into dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for an least 1 hour.
To make coconut cream
1. Take can of milk out of the fridge. Scoop out into a bowl only the thickened part. Do not get any of the liquid at the bottom. (Use the liquid at the bottom for smoothies or just drink it.)
2. Beat with a hand mixer until it forms soft peaks. Then fold in the sweetener honey and vanilla. Cover with plastic. Place in the fridge.
3. Scoop cream on to chilled pudding right before serving. . Place additional cut up bananas on top. Serve.
3. The cream will stay good about a week in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!