Love to have some yummy muffins to much on. These were fun to eat with my grandsons today. It was fun to add some orange to the the typical bran muffins. It was a fun addition. It is a good day here having fun with a couple grandsons for a couple days while their parents are out of town. I love being able to see things through their eyes. They are sweet little boys.
1/3 C Bob's Red Mill Oat Bran cereal
1 C almond milk
juice from 2 oranges
1/3 C chia seeds *optional
2 T orange zest
2 T coconut oil
1/3 C honey
2 C whole grain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 C unsweetened coconut shredded
other fun optional add in:
1/2 mini chocolate chips
1/2 C cut up apples
1/2 C dried fruit
Directions Heat oven to 350 makes 1 dozen.
1. Pour cereal into a mixing bowl. Then pour in milk, juice, and chia seeds. Stir until all moistened. Set aside to let the cereal soften about 5 min.
2. Stir in zest, eggs, oil and honey. Stir until all combined.
3. Then stir in flour, baking powder, salt. Stir in coconut.
4. Scoop muffins mixture into greased muffin pans.
5. Place in heated oven bake about 10-12 min.
6. Take out of oven take out of oven and take out of pan. Place on cooling rack.
7. I like eating them nice and hot out of the oven.