It is always a winner to make chocolate chip bars. They are faster than cookies and taste great. I had fun adding chia to these for added protein. Great snack for anytime of the day. Could be a great breakfast too.
3/4 C coconut oil
3/4 C honey
1/3 C chia *Optional
1 tsp vanilla
2 C oatmeal
1 C whole grain flour ( I used kamut)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 C chocolate chips
1. In a bowl Beat together oil and honey. The beat in each egg one at a time.
2. Stir in the chia and vanilla.
3. Stir in oatmeal, flour, baking soda and salt. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Scoop into a 9x9 pan. Spread until all smooth.
5. Place in heated oven and bake about 25-30 min.
6. Take out of oven and cool and cut into squares.