I made the normal puppy chow recipe into a healthier protein snack. :) Healthier without sacrificing the flavor. I eliminated the butter and the refined sugar. You still have the yummy combination of chocolate and peanut butter with added protein too. It is a yummy snack. It is so easy to make.
3/4 C dark chocolate chips
2 T coconut oil
1/2 C natural peanut butter
1 14 oz box of toasted wheat cereal
3/4 C chocolate protein powder (Vanilla would be yummy too)
1. In a microwavable bowl melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.
2. Stir in the peanut butter and put in the microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Pour cereal into bowl and pour melted chocolate and peanut butter on top of the cereal.
4. Stir in the protein powder into the cereal until it is all combined.
5. Pour cereal on to cookie sheet and place in fridge to let chocolate harden.
6. Then enjoy! Store in airtight container in the fridge.
*Tastes great with to eat as a cereal with almond milk too.