This recipe is a wonderful way to turn your house into a Fall wonderland. It makes it smell so good. They also taste great too. They are so easy to make. They could be served for breakfast, a snack or a yummy dessert. You can choose when you want to have them. It is a fun way to enjoy the Fall. It has the flavors and smells of apple crisp without all of the work,
4 baking apples cored and sliced in half
4 T chopped pecans or other nut
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cardamom *optional
4 tsp honey (add 1/2 tsp per apple if you want it sweeter)
water to cover the bottom of the pan
serve with almond milk if desired
Directions heat oven to 350
1. Place apples in an 8 x 8 square pan. If you want to you can slice a thin piece off the bottom for them to sit flat on the pan.
2. In a small bowl combine nut, cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg. Stir together until they are all combined.
3. Spoon nut mixture on each apple until the mixture is all gone.
4. Drizzle a tsp of honey on each apple. Trying to keep it on top of the apple.
5. Pour a small amount of water on the bottom of the pan. About 1/4" of the bottom of the pan. If the water evaporates while cooking add more water.
6. Place pan in oven and cook about 40-50 min. or until the apples are soft.
7. Serve warm with milk drizzled over the top if desired. you can also drizzle the juices from the bottom of the pan on to the apples.