Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Pumpkin muffins are one of my favorite kind of muffins. These are no exception. They were moist and delicious. The flavor was fantastic. I loved adding the chia for extra protein. They were wonderful while I ate this Coconut Curried Butternut Soup.
1C buttermilk or milk + 1T vinegar (let sit for 20 min)
1/2 C honey
2 T coconut oil
1/3 C chia
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 C canned pumpkin puree
3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 T baking powder
2 C spelt flour or whole grain flour
Directions heat oven 375 makes 30 mini muffins
1. Beat in blender together milk, honey, oil and eggs. Then pulse in vanilla. Then pulse in pumpkin puree. Set aside.
2. In small bowl pour in pumpkin spice, salt, baking powder and flour. Stir together with wire whisk.
3. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir until all combined.
4. Grease muffin pans and scoop muffin mix into pans and place into heated oven.
5. Bake 10-12 min.
6. Take out of the oven and take out of the pan and cool on a cooling rack.