Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Clean Eating Caramel Dip (Low Sugar and Dairy Free)


I love this clean eating version of caramel. I was looking up a caramel recipe that had corn syrup, sugar, butter and whipping cream in it. My guess is this one tastes just as good and is so much healthier for you. This cooked up in 15 min. so fast and easy. You can enjoy this on apples or anything that you enjoy dipping caramel into. Great treat for a gathering. You could also dip whole apples into it for caramel apples. I added a little to my oatmeal this morning. Yum! Here is a recipe for Caramel Apple Quinoa. 

Ingredients

1 C canned coconut milk (full fat)
5 T honey or sweetener of your choice.
2 T coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla

Directions

1. In a small sauce pan on medium heat. Pour in milk, honey, and oil.
2. I turned up my setting on my stove up to 6. I stayed stirring it the whole time. Not wanting it to burn. Keep stirring. It took mine about 15 min to thicken.
3. Take off the heat and stir in the vanilla. It will thicken as it cools. Enjoy a wonderful treat!
4. Store leftovers in the fridge in air tight container. When ready to eat warm up on stove or in microwave. It will harden in the fridge.


*I loved the idea of dipping the apples in lemon water to keep them from turning brown. I also leaned this week you can put a little honey in water and put the apples in it for a few minutes and they won't turn brown when you take them out.


1 comment: