Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Coconut Curried Butternut Soup
This was my dinner tonight. It was so creamy and yummy. I loved it. The flavors all went well together. It would be a fun soup to warm up with on a cool day too. I loved eating these pumpkin muffins with them. Love the color of it as well.
We are enjoying the Fall and all the colors on the trees and mountains. I don't want it to end.
1 T olive oil
1 large brown onion sliced thin
3 garlic cloves minced
1 apple cored and sliced
2 T olive oil
4 C butternut squash cubed and peeled
6 C water
1 T curry powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pumpkin spice
3 T honey or for vegan choose another sweetner
1/2 C canned coconut milk
Directions Serves 6
1. In a big pot pour in oil heat up to medium heat. Stir in onions and garlic. Stir until softened for a few minutes.
2. Then stir in apple, oil and squash. Stir and turn up the heat a little. I wanted to kind of roast them a little. They could even get a little golden colored. Cook together for about 5-8 min.
3. Turn back down the heat to medium heat. Stir in the water, curry, salt, pumpkin spice, and honey. Let the squash cook until soft about 10-15 min.
4. Then use a hand blender or divide in half and blend in your regular blender until pureed.
5. Pour back into the pot and add coconut milk and heat until it is all warm.
6. Serve in bowls.
*Optional: I drizzled some more coconut milk on top and swirled it around with a wooden skewer.