These are a fast and easy snack to make and have ready to take with you. I had just bought my daughter some of these last month for her birthday. It was fun to see how easy they are to make. They are a great combination with dark chocolate and almonds. Winner! Have a great weekend. It is a colorful time of year. These would make a fun hostess gift.
3 1/2 T unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
2 C raw almonds or roasted*
1. In a small bowl mix together cocoa, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
2. Mix together honey, vanilla, almond extract in a small saucepan on the stove. Heat on low until the honey turns to liquid and the mixture is all combined. Take off the stove.
3. Pour the almonds into the honey mixture. Stir until all coated.
4. Then pour the cocoa mixture over the nuts and stir until they are all covered.
5. They are ready to enjoy. Store leftovers in airtight container. Happy snacking.
*You could roast the almonds ahead of time for added flavor. Spread in a skillet on the stove in single layer on medium heat. Stir often until they turn brown. Should take only about 5 min. Don't let them over cook. Then continue with instructions as above. The roasting gives them an extra crunch.