We loved this it tastes delicious on toasted french bread or toasted baguettes. The crunch of the bread is a great combination with the dip. My daughters were over and they loved it.
1 C cashew cream *
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp chili powder
4 green onion with stems cut off
1/2 cucumber washed
1 T dried parsley
1/2 cucumber diced
3 roma tomatoes diced
french bread sliced toasted with olive oil
garnish with dried parsley optional
*(Cashew Cream) The process for making the cashew cream. You soak 2 C cashews as long as you can or overnight. In 2 C water in covered in the fridge. After soaking is complete drain out the water and rinse, then add 1 C water while you blend in a blender till creamy. Set aside.
1. In a blender blend cashew cream, salt, chili powder, green onion and half of the cucumber. Pulse until mostly smooth.
2. Fold in the remaining diced cucumber.
3. Toast the french bread with olive oil spread on top. Toast until light brown.
4. Spread dip on toast. Top with tomatoes and parsley if desired.
5. Serve right away. You can have people make their own so the bread doesn't get soggy.
* Would also be great with crackers or cut up vegetables.