Monday, September 8, 2014

Moist Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars (no added sugar)







We had a great weekend. They go by too fast. I love going to church, and then coming home and being with family. I was thinking about family and what an important role they play in my life. I love when my girls come home and they all help in the meal preparation. It is a uniting feeling. Then we go outside and enjoy the family time together as we eat. I think I enjoy being together and bonding more than the food. I love those times. They are sweet times for me.

This is a yummy recipe that I made yesterday. Love Love pumpkin and chocolate chips.  It could be made into bars or muffins. I sometimes just like making the bars then I don't have to clean on the muffin pans. :) I was thrilled I added no sugar to them. They got gobbled up. I was hoping to have some for breakfast today. No luck. I will be making these again real soon. Great for a healthy snack or dessert. Yum!


Ingredients

1C. dates pitted
1 C. water
2 3/4  C whole grain flour (I used spelt)
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1 15 oz can cooked pumpkin
1/2 c. Coconut oil
2 eggs
1/2 C chopped up dark chocolate chips

Directions   Serves 12

1. Place dates in with the water to soak. For at least an hour. I put them in the fridge over night.
2. Drain off the water and add 1 cup of water. Blend in blender until it forms a smooth paste.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
4. Beat together pumpkin, date paste, coconut oil and eggs together till well blended in a bowl.
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together till blended. Don't over stir.
6. Stir in the chips. (I like to chop up the chips so they are small pieces throughout.
7. Pour batter into greased 13x9 pan (I like stoneware best). Bake 350 about 25 to 30 min. Don't over bake. Done when toothpick is clean.

* You could also make muffins out of the batter.



Enjoy! Oh Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment