This is a healthy snack. That is full of protein, antioxidants, low is sugar. My daughter says she doesn't like cherries and she really liked these. She even packed some for work. These are healthy enough to eat for breakfast too.
1 C canned coconut milk (full fat)
1/4 C honey
2 T coconut oil
1/2 C chia seeds
1/2 C unsweetened shredded coconut
2 C old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 C dried cherries chopped up small
1/2 C dark chocolate chips chopped in small pieces
Directions makes 16
1. Pour into small saucepan milk, honey, and oil . Stir on medium heat. You may want to have on medium low part of the time. Be careful to not let it burn. Cook and stir often. It should be cooked down until it becomes very thick. Like the picture above. It is soft ball stage.
2. In a medium sized bowl pour in chia, coconut, oatmeal, and cherries. Stir together until all combined.
3. Pour hot caramel over the oatmeal mixture. Stir until completely mixed together.
4. Fold in the chips.
5. Pour into square parchment lined pan or greased. Press mixture down with the spatula.
6. Place in fridge to harden. Cut into 16 squares. Store in air tight container in the fridge.