Monday, September 15, 2014
The garden has been very good to us this year. We always seem to be able to grow tomatoes the best. This year we have a bumper crop. I need to make some yummy spaghetti sauce with them. We have been enjoying salsa with them too. One of our favorite things to eat. I have always thought Caprese salads looked so pretty. I thought it would be a perfect time to make it with all the tomatoes. We really enjoyed eating it yesterday. It is so easy it also makes me feel European. Some day I will go there. :)
5-6 sliced roma tomatoes
1 lb roll of mozzarella cheese sliced
handful of basil leaves
1/2 C balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
salt and pepper to taste.
Directions serves 8
1. Arrange the sliced tomatoes, cheese and basil on the plate.
2. In a small saucepan pour in the vinegar and stir in honey. Place on medium low heat.
3. Stir and let it reduce and thicken for a couple minutes.
4. Drizzle vinegar mixture over the salad.
5. Then drizzle over the oil. Salt and pepper to taste.