Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Italian Quinoa Bites (So good!)




I had a great day yesterday. I got a happy letter from my son in Michigan. He is doing great on his mission. I love Mondays when I hear from him. I went on a long walk and it started to pour. It felt refreshing. I was soaked from my head to my toes. It was crazy but so fun at the same time.

This is  one of the recipes I created yesterday for our Quinoa book. We are making the book gluten free too. We are finishing all the recipes up for the end of this month. So I am posting this one. A lot of them we are not posting. I love quinoa because it can be savory or sweet and both are delicious. These are the bomb. These have the great Italian flavors I love without all the calories.I loved them. A great combination of yumminess. So healthy too. Winner! Winner! Great for a snack or meal.

Ingredients

1 C cooked quinoa (I used red)
1 egg beaten
1 1/2 T coconut oil
1/4 C grated Parmesan
1/4 tsp crushed rosemary
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp basil

Directions  makes 8

1. Pour all ingredients into a bowl. Blend and stir until all combined.
2. Place in the fridge for 15- 30 min to let it harden.
3. Take out of fridge heat oven to 350.
4. If you have a small scooper it works best. Scoop into scooper and press it against the bowl to press it all together.
5. Drop on to cookie sheet. Continue until all of the mixture is gone.
6. Place in hot oven. Cook 8-10 min.
7. Take out and eat hot. Sooo Soo good. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment