Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Cashew Butter

Enjoy the view

So today I opened my blinds and was taken back by the view. We have lived hear over 18 years now but it never gets old. I hope you are enjoying the view out your window today too. It is such beautiful time of the year. 
Cashew Butter

I was excited to make cashew butter. It was so easy and tasted so good. No added ingredients just cashews. You would be hard pressed to find that in the store. I was so excited about my end result. This is a winner. 
Sweet little chopper.
This is what I made it in. I was really excited how this black and decker chopper did.  In the blender I have to do a lot of stirring. With this machine I can pick it up and shake the mixture around. While I am pushing the back button. It is really sweet.
Cashew Butter

Ingredients 

1 C cashews (unsalted)
Salt *optional

Directions

1. Pour the nuts into the chopper, food processor or blender. Blend and stir until it looks like this finished product. It takes a few minutes for it to start forming a ball. 
2. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. You could add honey if you want a sweetened version. 

*You could do this same process with almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment