|Love the Beach!|
1 C unsweetened shredded coconut
1 C chopped in blender cashews unsalted (macadamia would be great too)
2 T coconut oil
2 T honey
2 C spelt or whole grain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 C Almond milk
2 T honey
3 T coconut oil
1 T vinegar
1/2 tsp almond extract
Directions serves 4
1. Place a skillet on the stove on medium low heat. pour in the coconut and let toast. Stirring it often. It will take a couple minutes. Then stir in the nuts, oil and honey. Let let the nuts toast until a light golden. Take off the heat and let cool.
2. In a medium bowl pour in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir with a whisk until all combined.
3. Then stir in the milk, honey, oil, vinegar, egg and extract. Until just combined.
4. Fold in 1 cup of the nut mixture. Reserve the remaining amount.
5. Heat a skillet and lightly grease.
6. Pour on the pancake mixture on to the skillet and cook on both sides.
7. Take off the skillet and top with remaining nut mixture and fruit, syrup or jam would be good to. I liked them just with the nut mixture and fruit. Delicious.