This is a great time of year to eat fresh strawberries. My daughters just went to a rodeo and they served strawberries and cream. I love eating fresh strawberries. I have been enjoying them on my hot cereal too.
This is a healthier version of strawberries and cream. It is also great for those who can't eat dairy. I have a couple grand kids who can not handle dairy very well. So this is a great way to enjoy it.
1 Can of full fat coconut milk (Put in fridge the night before.
1/2 T honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 lb of cut up strawberries
1. Take can of milk out of the fridge. Scoop out into a bowl only the thickened part. Do not get any of the liquid at the bottom. (Use the liquid at the bottom for smoothies or just drink it.
2. Beat with a hand mixer until it forms soft peaks. Then fold in the honey and vanilla. Place in the fridge.
3. Place cut up berries in 4 bowls and scoop a spoonful of cream on top of the berries. Top with a few cut up berries on top.
4. Serve or store in fridge until ready to serve. Make right before eating.
5. The cream will stay good about a week in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!