Thursday, May 29, 2014

Toasted Quinoa Chia Berry Bowl




One of my most satisfying breakfast is hot cereal. No joke. When we went on vacation a couple months ago that is what I ordered. I just feel like it starts my day off on the right foot. I feel a nice full satisfied feeling. I hope you enjoy this recipe. Have a great day. :)




Ingredients

1 C quinoa washed well
3 T chia
1 C coconut milk or milk of your choosing
1 C water
1 1/2  T honey
1 T coconut oil

Toppings

Sliced Bananas, Berries, Milk, Yogurt and Nuts

Directions serves 4

1. Put washed quinoa in saucepan and stir on medium heat until lightly toasted. (golden colored)

2. Stir in the chia, milk, water, honey and oil. Let the mixture come to a low boil for a couple of minutes. Stir it a couple of times.

3. Turn the heat down to low and cover with a lid. Stirring it occasionally. Let cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until completely softened. 

4. Pour into individual bowls and top with your favorite toppings. 



No comments:

Post a Comment