Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding

My son Derek came home and told me he is all done with his classes. He graduates on Friday. We went to his tennis banquet last night. We are sad to see that 4 year chapter closing.  My season of having children at home going to school is over. I was reflecting on all the memories I have of the past 25 + years of having children in school. It is fun to think back on all of the school programs, helping in classes, school dances, tennis matches, home lunches, reports, report cards, teachers, graduation ceremonies, coaches, friends, bus rides, field trips. There are many cherished memories. I knew the day would come it is crazy to have it here.  As this chapter comes to a close I am thankful for my 7 sweet children that have been a part of those sweet memories. I love being a Mom. My favorite job in the whole wide world. I get sentimental in closing this chapter of life but, look forward to the chapter that is ahead. Life is good.

My little boy is not little anymore. 


So it was a great day to make some pudding. It is always a good day to eat pudding especially when it is a healthy recipe like this one. You can't go wrong when you mix chocolate and peanut butter together. Then adding in the chia is an added bonus.





Ingredients

2 C almond milk unsweetened vanilla
4 T chia
2 T peanut butter
2 T cocoa powder
3 T honey or 6 softened dates for vegan version
1 frozen banana  cut in pieces*optional

Directions serves 4

1. Pour all of the ingredients into the blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour into dishes and chill in the fridge at least 4 hours or overnight. 
3. Take out of the fridge and serve. Oh Yum!

Here is a chocolate peanut butter split smoothie with chia. 


No comments:

Post a Comment