Friday, May 23, 2014

Enchilada Nachos

So I wanted to make something fun for my 2 kids for lunch today. This is what I came up with. It was delicious and so easy. We enjoyed it. I laughed because between the two of them one doesn't like beans and the other one doesn't like tomatoes. So between the two of them they gobbled it up, and with my help.  This would be great to serve this weekend. You may want to increase the portions. :)

Ingredients

3 C tortilla chips
1 Can black beans drained and rinsed off
1 small can of green chili mild enchilada sauce
1 C of  grated cheese (I used combo. of sharp and jack cheese)
jalapeño slices (they come in a glass jar) * optional
2 Roma tomatoes chopped up
salad greens *Optional

Directions  serves 3-? Heat oven to broil

1. Spread chips on cookie sheet.

2. Drizzle the enchilada sauce evenly over the chips.

3. Spread the cheese evenly over the chips.

4. Put on some jalapeños if desired. Makes it spicier.

5. Place in oven and watch. Mine was done in less than 2 min.

6. Take out of the oven and garnish with tomatoes.

7. I served it on a bed of spinach and romaine. It tasted good all mixed together. It is a complete meal and it tastes delicious.  Have a great weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment