Friday, April 18, 2014

Lemon Cream Crumble (Gluten Free)


This recipe is in honor of lemons. I love lemons. I love having a bowl of them on my counter. They just make me happy to look at. I love the smell of them. I also love the taste of them. I love eating lemon yogurt. It is soo good. This is a healthier version of the lemon yogurt that you buy in the store. The strawberries are a nice addition to the dish. I love strawberries too. It is such a great time of year. It tastes kind of like lemon cheese cake, if you let it sit in the fridge for a few hours it will thicken up. 

This could be eaten for breakfast, a snack or even a dessert. It is very versatile. It is a nice way to enjoy the Spring and Summer. 

I hope that you have a wonderful Easter weekend. I love Easter. It is one of my favorite holiday. I love honoring Jesus Christ, and know my life would not be the same without him. I owe him everything. He helps to make me whole. Happy Easter!


Ingredients
1 C toasted quinoa *
1/2 C unsalted cashew pieces
3 T coconut oil
2 T honey
1/8 tsp salt *optional
1 C plain yogurt w/ 1 T honey & 1 tsp vanilla
1 C lemon curd (here is a recipe w honey)
Cut up washed strawberries

Directions makes 4
 1. In a blender pulse the quinoa, buckwheat, cashews until all broken down into a nice crumble.
2. Pour the mixture into a medium sized bowl and cut in the oil, honey, and salt with a pastry blender or whisk. Continue until all combined. If you want the topping to have more crunch, then bake it on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes at 350 degrees, stirring once. But it's optional. :)
3. In parfait dishes fill the bottom with about 1 1/2 T of the dry mixture in each dish. 
4. Then spoon 1 T of yogurt  into each dish and then 1 T lemon curd in each dish. 
5.Top with strawberries. Repeat the steps again. Then top off with the crumble and remaining strawberries. If you are not going to serve right away put them in the fridge. Put the strawberries on top right before serving. 

* I ate one after it had been a the fridge for a couple hours it tasted like lemon cheese cake. So Good!
*Toasted quinoa- rinse quinoa until water is not cloudy. Pour into skillet and toast on medium heat until light golden. 


No comments:

Post a Comment