So it becoming a habit it seems each week to come up with something made with chocolate and peanut butter, or some kind of protein bite. So we are keeping up with the habit this week and giving you another recipe I hope you will enjoy. It also is because the Almond Joy-inspired Chocolate Covered Coconut Almond Bites were pretty much heavenly.
It has been fun making different recipes with chocolate and peanut butter. I made this recipe for some friends and family and it was a hit. It is always nice to get positive feedback. My theory is just because it is healthier it can still taste good. These taste delicious. I love the way the chocolate hardens on the outside and the crunch when you bite into it from the oatmeal. Definitely a winner!
1 C peanut butter or almond butter
1 T honey or other sweetener option
1 T coconut oil
1 C old fashioned oatmeal
1/4 C dark chocolate chips
1/2 T coconut oil
Directions makes about 9
1. Mix the peanut butter, honey and oil together in a small bowl until all blended.
2. Stir in the oatmeal until all combined. (If you have an extra 10 min put the bowl in fridge or freezer to let harden a little to make it easier when you roll into balls.
3. Scoop into or roll into balls. Place on parchment paper or greased surface.
4. Place in the fridge to let harden.
5. Melt the chips and oil together. Let cool in fridge 5 to 10 min.
6. Take the bites out of the fridge roll in the chocolate and then return back into the fridge to harden.
7. Serve when hardened. Store extras in an airtight container in the fridge.
* Here are some almond butter oatmeal puffs.
*Here are yummy oatmeal chocolate bars
*Here are chocolate covered almond bites (healthy version almond joy)